Thursday, November 15, 2007

Dumfries, VA (Mon.11/5-Mon.11/12)

The campsite at Dumfries was a bit too small for our big rig. I tried parking a couple times before getting it “right”. We hung over the end, blocking traffic, until I turned it sideways. When the camper was sideways, we barely had room for the truck. Well, as the truck was being towed away, I remember complaining about not having room for the truck, and wished we could have it back. I thought the trouble was bad fuel – trying to diagnose it with help from Nutter and my dad, but either way, after changing the fuel filter (twice – the second time riding ~7 miles on my bike to get one), I was done troubleshooting. It turned out not to be the fuel -- after they read the error codes it turned out to be an intermittent injector wiring harness. What you can get for $55.14 online you can pay $250 at a dealer (+ $300 for installation). We are a long way from my garage, so we say thank you -- may I not have another. The truck is back and running well... He gives and takes away.



This site didn't have fire pits, so I hate to, but I'll bring all the wood to the next site...

2 comments:

K Klapoetke said...

stop me if you've heard this one...

"If you have a house that moves, and a truck that doesn't, you might be a....."

/Nelson?/

Kim Nelson said...

Yes, thanks Kevin - we are fully adjusting to our surroundings. When in Rome...