Saturday, September 1, 2007

Bar Harbor, ME (Mon.8/27-Fri.8/31)


It's State Fair time in Minnesota and not being there with our family has been hard (especially for Kim who has volunteered there the last few years and averages 2-3 visits/year – maybe we should have come back for the fair and skipped coming back for Christmas.... well, maybe not...) We really wanted cheese curds with the Carey's but Lobster was an apt substitute


Instead we've been at Acadia National Park / Bar Harbor Main. A beautiful place with miles of hiking, biking, activities and scenery.

The boys went to junior ranger classes and filled out their activity books to earn their badges. We did catch all 4 boys swearing... err...being sworn in. Kobe's might not be totally official as he raised his left hand, but I'm not going to tell him. It's a cool program, I learned a ton, but I still can't keep up with the boys as they hit me with “Dad, did you know that...” and I respond, “hmmm, I did not know that”


The view from the top of Cadillac mountain was spectacular – looking over all the islands “dipped” in the cold Atlantic ocean.

No comments: