Saturday, August 25, 2007

Burlington, VT (Wed.8/22)


I finished 6th or 7th in my group of 10 people. My excuse list is long: starting with how little I've exercised in the last 4 weeks, my 12 year old bike, not having any carbon fiber on my bike, or rear suspension, or a “camel back” to provide me water on demand, or, or... well... I would have had a better time if I hadn't run over my tongue with my front wheel... Man, was I tired... I was thinking of my father-in-law in his 60's who goes and goes while reffing basketball, biking or whatever he's doing. Or my Uncle Al (Super Al) in his 70's who won the world championship for his age bracket for disc golf (Taking a little break from tennis, biking, wind surfing, juggling – you name it! - even barefoot hiking). Anyway, it's humbling not to be able to keep up with people older than I am, sigh...

We all raced, we all had fun...

No comments: